Friday, October 16, 2015


My Intervention Point: Meaningful Activities

Entry One: 

A total of 40 words were written in front of them, since they had to choose only 15 for their bingo chart.
The activity seemed really attractive to them, since a kind of competition was created to win the first place: The one who completed the whole chart before the others.” JOURNAL NUMBER ONE

Entry Two: 

Sometimes they couldn’t get the meaning of the word, so I had to use Spanish for them to feel comfortable during the activity.
JOURNAL NUMBER TWO

Entry Three: 

Students began participating counting numbers from one to ten (1 – 10) challenged by certain rules. After noticing how enjoyable was to participate in those activities, students felt engaged to use the target language with random vocabulary. The following exercise was creating a huge snake shape, where everybody was lined up, with a head and a tail.

In the order they were seated, they had to say a word in English, following the sequence and remembering all the previous words said by their classmates. Students felt the tension of saying words in English at the same time they were struggling to avoid forgetting the words in order.”
JOURNAL NUMBER TWO

Entry Four: 

This was not that high-order thinking activity, and maybe students could not remember those words a week before, but I feel I managed the objective: To show them that English is not something to be afraid of, to make them feel they could use the target language in a very harmless environment.
JOURNAL NUMBER TWO

Entry Five: 

Going through a lot of circumstances has supported my own idea that learning English as a foreign language has to be more a delightful experience, rather than an academic process to complete a set of requirements

CONCEPTUALIZING TEACHING ACTS: 1 What Do you Usually Do as a Teacher?

Entry Six: 

English ended up being easy for me during my school years, since I liked looking up for meanings, listening while reading the lyrics and understanding as much as possible all the songs I liked."
AUTOBIOGRAPHY

Entry Seven:

"Since my objective was not to be a teacher, I dedicated my time to improve my vocabulary and my two strongest skills: Listening and Speaking."
AUTOBIOGRAPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment